- Our Year 9's spent two nights on noho marae and on the second day they spent the day at Lake Okareka participating in outdoor education activities. We were lucky to have great weather and the girls had an awesome time getting to know each other and getting involved in the activities.
- A big congratulations to Te Mihiroa who was part of our RGHS waka ama team who won the National Championship for the 250m event, gained a silver in the 500m and a bronze in a combined team with RBHS. Ka Pai Tem!
- Congratulations to Te Ao Leach for completing the CACTUS programme at the end of last term, it was a big commitment over 8 weeks with the 6am starts and hard workouts but she stuck it out, showing her leadership skills as well as physical and mental strength. CACTUS is definitely something for the junior students in WFL to consider for the future! Also, best of luck to Te Ao who is competing in the national womens basketball tournament this week.
- Welcome to Kylah, who joined our whanau last term! It is great to see your smiling face in whanau each morning Kylah :)
- Well done to all of your for your efforts last term in athletics, swimming sports, and with your attendance which helped Witarina house push ahead in the attendance stats! Term 2 lets keep on stepping it up, work towards our goals and have a succesful and productive term.
Coming up in Term 2:
- Athletics day this Friday - EVERYONE GET INVOLVED! Bring your orange, get those participation points and get active!!
- Production - Really looking forward to seeing this come together, I know there are WFL students heavily involved and I can't wait to see you performing!
- Winter sports - Winter sports are underway and I am looking forward to hearing the results from our whanau girls who are involved in Netball, Rugby, Basketball, Soccer and Hockey.